Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fwd: [MC74 and Friends] my entries for REPETITIVE PATTERNS



Dear BiTwin, fellow PNEHs, painters, poets, Mai Quang and Forum friends,

Here are my entries for the theme:

the first one was taken at Dag Hammarskjold Plaza. The black iron dome, a favorite resting place for the pigeons, stood at the entrance to the park from 2nd Avenue. Standing inside the dome, looking up towards the direction of 42nd street and third Avenue, one can see from afar the glistening silver-colored rooftop of the famous Chrysler building.

My second entry is a copy cat of Tuan's very cool entry. I saw Tua^n's entry, and thought to myself "that was a brilliant idea for pattern! Why bother to think of something else? Let's just copy it" :-).
 Mine was taken in Bruxelles.
Bikes is one of my favorite subject, as you may have noticed by now, so my third one was taken through the window of a bike shop in Manhattan.

Have a great weekend
MC


13 comments:

  1. Hi MC

    I like your row of bikes very much

    Tuan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi EmCi

    Love your entries, very interesting graphics!

    Caro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Caro for your sweet comment. I am happy that you love them.
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em Ci Babiiii

    I love your repetitive patterns, especially the Dag plaza under the angle you shot, and
    the row of bicycles and of course the view through the store front a la em ci hi hi

    You always manage to capture the scenery brilliantly.

    XOs
    BT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tri' for your kind comment. I feel very encouraged.
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAI CHAU OI , I LOVE YOUR ENTRIES ; VELIBS IN BRUXELLES LOOK LESS GREYISH THAN PARISIAN VELIBS . I HATE THE PIGEONS BUT LOVE THE DOME ! BIZ HL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HL. I am so happy you love my entries. I don't hate the pigeons, but when I stood inside the dome to take the photo, I was a little concerned that they might drop something on my head and my beloved camera :-)
      MC

      Delete
  7. Thank you Tua^n' and BiTi Babii for your kind comments. You made my weekend.
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mai Chau

    What an eye opener, such captivating pictures that featured an array
    of interesting arrangements, in their most charming peculiarities

    A view to a heavenly thrill, the splendid picture of the Dome, the symmetrical iron beams so beautifully captured from such creative, lovely angle, vividly brought to life, animated with the majestic pigeon
    flight, timely caught in mid air, a breathtaking, soaring vision in the deep, blue sky
    More down to earth, but no less exciting, the golden row of neatly parked bikes waiting patiently to take locals and tourists alike
    for a fun sightseeing tour, or a simple, relaxing ride around town

    Quang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Quang, your beautiful comments brought life to my otherwise ordinary photos.
      MC

      Delete
  9. Dear MC,

    I am not as eloquent as my buddy Quang and will never be.

    Your photos made me daydream.

    TNS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear TNS,
      and your sweet comment made me fly to cloud no. 9 :-).
      Thank you!
      MC

      Delete